Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tell Me Thursday...on Thursday!!



1. Who is your newest dog? Where is he/she from, and why did you choose this particular dog/breeding? This question posted by Jodi.

My newest dog is Crue. He is now 2 yrs old. I got him from Jenny and Scott Glen and he is out of Megan, by Scott's Don. I didn't so much choose him as just asked Jenny if she had an extra pup out of that litter, could I have one and did she think they would be a good match for my abilities. So far Crue is turning out to be perfect for me and I LOVE working with him!

2. What traits drew you to this dog or breeding? (also by Jodi)

Again it wasn't so much traits that drew me to the breeding as availability and trust in the breeder to give me a dog that I could work with.

3. What's on your feet right now?

My very old and grungy work shoes. Too ugly and beat up from not taking them off before mucking out sheep pens or kicking jolly balls for the dogs for me to post a picture like Laura did of her very colorful,fuzzy and comfortable looking slippers. And I don't think I could have gotten anything more in that last sentence. Grammar/Joan = oxymoron...emphasis on the last syllable.

4. What are you reading right now?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I just finished Donald McCaig's "An American Homeplace". I'm still in the middle of Diana Gabaldon's "the Fiery Cross" which I have started and almost finished several times. I love the series, but get stuck on that book for some reason.


5. What upcoming trials are you looking forward to? If you don't trial dogs I'll take whatever activity that you're looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to Jan Thompson's trial in OCT. I am only going as a spectator as I have no trial dogs right now. My old dogs are just too old and rusty and my young dog isn't quite ready for trialing yet.

4 comments:

  1. An American Homeplace is my all-time favorite book of Donald's. If I could find my copy, I'd read it again. But multiple moves means I've lost a number of books that are important to me. How the heck did that happen?

    Hoping to see you at Jan's, though that means you might have to wander to the top of the field to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO hate that I'll be missing Jan's trial this year. Can't trust the dogmobile to make it, even if I had the money. Poo. It was nice to meet you there last year though!!

    I am stuck in the second book of the Outlander series. I have all of them, and am stuck for some reason. Hm. Maybe I'll pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I enjoyed An American Homeplace very much too. I can lend you my copy if you want. I can bring it to Jan's trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura,
    I will miss seeing you at Jan's trial. I really enjoyed talking with you! I love the Outlander series, I also own all the books but as I said for some reason I just can't get though The Fiery Cross. I think I will make a concerted effort this time to read it clear through. I have this stupid, OCD (neurotic) idea that I have to re-read all the others every time I want to finish that one.

    ReplyDelete